Links to Websites and Videos
1) The Drug Policy Alliance (DPA) is the nation’s leading organization promoting policy alternatives to the drug war that are grounded in science, compassion, health, and human rights: http://www.drugpolicy.org/.
2) “Erowid is a member-supported organization providing access to reliable, nonjudgmental information about psychoactive plants, chemicals, and related issues.” https://www.erowid.org/
3) Hasija Sisic was HAART’s charge nurse and is currently working both as a per diem senior nurse at HAART Program in Hayward, CA, and as the charge nurse at Ward 93 in San Francisco. Hasija was voted “Employee of the Year” by Jewish Vocational Services and presented with a certificate of recognition by the California State Senate. The following video documents Hasija Sisic’s journey from war-torn Bosnia to her training as a registered nurse at HAART clinic: Hasija’s Video.
4) Video interview with physician Dr. Gabor Mate touching on topics such as the war on drugs, the roots and physiology of addiction, and the need for compassion for those stuck in the crossfire: Dr. Gabor Mate Interview
5) Our sister clinic in Oakland: http://www.haartoakland.org/